Friday, June 3, 2011

Constrained.

Twenty. That's how old I'll be in 18 days. Junior. That's what I am in college. COLLEGE. Not High School. Not Junior High. But College. I'm moving out on my own in at least a month. I've taken care of myself. I've taken care of others. Yet, I am still treated like I am a good-for-nothing horrible little child. Yet, I am not. I have always listened to and respected elders and done what I am told. Yet, even when I do, I still get trampled on. Oh it doesn't matter how good I do something. For some reason, she still holds these invisible reigns over my head and restricts me in what I can do. Then she wonders why I don't want to do anything extra or anything for her to begin with. So many people ask me why I put up with it. Or why I don't just say or do something about it. Because I literally cannot afford to be put out on my butt. And I know that that is exactly what she would do if I even began to say anything back. For something so simple as asking her "why?" would get me thrown out. In a world where the saying "It's not fair" is cliche, this saying fits absolutely perfectly. I can't find other words. I can't find better words. My anger clouds the way for clear words that express how I feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment