Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Alone in a Busy World

Sometimes I feel so isolated. Like I don't belong. Like no matter how hard I try, I just won't fit where I am. I'm always searching for a place where I feel comfortable, and like I can be myself. I've tried to fit in where I am. I've tried to blend and become a part of the mix. Yet, it doesn't work. People seem to expect me to open myself and go to them. Yet that is not who I am. This pressure to become friends with people I have no particular interest in is stressful. It's a pressure I'd rather never deal with. Yet, I have people telling and expecting me to come out of my shell and carry on small talk with people who really don't appear to personally care about me. This makes it impossible for me to care about them. This also makes me want to run. Run to a place that I fit. That I'm not pushed into carrying on conversations with people who have no interest in who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment