Monday, February 14, 2011

Whatever Helps You Sleep At Night

It's a phrase that's been around for...well who knows how long. It tends to be used in situations where people are trying to make others feel bad or they are upset with someone. Yet for me, whatever helps me sleep at night isn't some sort of phrase meant to cause guilt or sadness in anyone. It's a tactic for me. I'm a hopeless hopeful. Meaning I'm always dreaming and thinking about what if's and the future. Sometimes (okay, more than just sometimes), I lay in bed at night and I think about what if's and the future. I have little "mini dreams" about things that could possibly happen. Things I would like to happen. These thoughts help me get to sleep. Yet, thinking about them the next morning doesn't exactly help me get through the day. I know they won't come true. And I know it's not safe to let my heart take control like that. Yet, it really is what helps me sleep at night. I guess I'm backwards. The hopes and dreams that could get me in trouble, those things that make my heart soar then plummet when they get dashed is what helps keep the nightmares away. Things that, if they go badly, can cause nightmares, keeps them away for me as long as they stay the dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment