Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dead End Meadow

I was doing just fine with how things were going until I found out that that was the only way they would be. Now I'm stuck in this invisible position. I'm the one you come to when your nights are rough, yet you can't see me. I'm only that shoulder to lean on and let things out to. That's all. And it's been made very clear that that's all I'll be. I was fine with being that until I found out that's all I would be. I tried to stop my heart from leaping. I tried to keep my head from hoping. But it was hopeless. I couldn't help but think that more was down the road. Now I'm at this dead end. And it's a nice and beautiful place because you are still here. You are still my friend. Yet, I wish we could walk past the dead end and you could see more than the invisible me, and truly see me for more. See me for the one that will be here when no one else is. That will make sure everything is okay and will be okay. That will save you when you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment