Monday, January 17, 2011

Each Day Into The Future

I've never been the type that could walk up to a stranger and introduce myself. I've never been the type to ask people how they were doing. I'm shy. I'm introverted. And I'm not a small talker. Yet, this causes problems. Problems that used to rule my life and make it difficult for me to go day to day because I was constantly thinking that something was wrong with me. That I wasn't good enough and people didn't want to get to know me. And sure, I know I probably put off a vibe that says I don't want to be bothered. Yet, I have learned several things recently. I don't need to push myself into territory that I don't feel comfortable in. And forcing myself to try to be friends with people that I don't have anything in common with is doing more damage than being shy has. I've recently made a decision. I've battled on and off for years with being unhappy and depressed. Yet I couldn't really change the circumstances at those times. Now, I've suffered again. The difference is it's being taken care of. Not only is in internally being taken care of but also externally. It may seem like I'm running away but I'm not. I have several reasons for my decision. One of them just so happens to be that I feel a fresh start will do me good. A chance to actually start new like I have wanted to but never actually let myself do. This time, I will do it right. And this time, I won't let myself fall backwards. Each day is a new day. Each day I learn something new and mature a bit more. Each day I begin to make better decisions for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment