Friday, January 7, 2011

Unappreciation

I know it's not right to complain about what I don't have but lately, I'm seeing it more and more. Every time I log onto Facebook lately, I see people complaining. One minute they love this person with their whole heart, the next they hate them. Back and forth. Others complain about how they're bored and/or lonely and just want someone to talk to. Yet, they don't seem to make the effort to actually reach out to their friends. Yet, then they begin to complain about how none of their friends want to talk to them and how they thought their friends were true friends and yet their fake friends. People are continuously pushing others away. Pushing people and opportunities away and then complaining about not having things. Yet, they don't seem to realize that they have more than they realize and that if they hadn't pushed things away and let themselves think they had nothing, they wouldn't be complaining. I know I'm not perfect. I know I've done this myself. But I'm taking the fall. I don't talk to some of my friends like I want to because I'm not good at keeping contact. I get stressed easily. I have anxiety problems. It's not an excuse, I just have to learn to cope with things better. Yet, I still see others not coping. And they don't have anxiety problems. I see others who get basically free rides to college wasting time and acting like they deserve everything for being there. Sure, I know they probably aren't thinking that. But it's hard for me not to think that when I'm struggling to pay for a college I don't even like most of the time with money that I don't even have. I'm struggling to make it farther each day in this world, in this life I'm living even though I can't get any farther. I'm becoming claustrophobic. I'm walled in by things out of my control. My dream is hard to reach. I don't have money to even pay for college, much less throw around on frequent trips out to eat. Yet, sometimes all I desire is to take an evening off from all the stresses of classes I don't feel I need and go somewhere with a friend, and yes, spend some money. I'd give anything for a car and a real job right now. Yet I can't. I'm walled in. So please, all I'm asking is to appreciate what you have. Because those who don't have it would give anything for it. And you gladly throw it around like it's nothing. You have college paid for. You have easy access to the job you want in the future. You can drive yourself to Taco Bell and Wal-Mart at anytime you please. You have friends who stick close by at all times, begging to be a part of your life. You have people pining after you, wanting to be with you. Appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment