Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shameless Anticipation.

The world is a battlefield and I'm finding it harder and harder every day to win a battle or even get ahead. It strive to get farther. I strive to go beyond what I have. I'm trying to make it in a world where raw talent is what should matter but I'm slowly finding out that some people will turn their back on you even if they've made you promises. I'm learning that promises don't mean a thing when someone even slightly better comes along. Those compliments or simple phrases float away on wisps of air that can't be seen. They never come back. They just disappear. I'm learning that the only thing I can rely on is fighting for myself. It's a shameless anticipation for getting ahead. I've got that. I've got the desire and anticipation for getting more than I have now. And I hold no shame for the world is a battlefield and I'm starting at the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment