Friday, April 23, 2010

Lens of Discovery

Art speaks to me. Not in a way that I can easily explain either. All forms of art do. Photography, words, paintings, music. Anything created from the heart. Maybe this is why it is such a strong connection for me. Because art is not just something we can throw together. Art requires heart and emotion. It requires feeling something. Anything. It's an expression of ourselves. Whether it is our own personal art or someone else's. If we can relate, then it is a part of us. I see myself being attracted to the things not always expected. Nature is always beautiful and I love to capture it. But there is something in breaking it apart and finding what people don't always notice. Seeing what makes it what it is. I think I relate so well because I have a tendency to break everything apart. I break people down and see what makes them who they are. I do this with art, nature, and myself as well. Each and every photo of mine that I feel a connection to is a piece of myself that I have broken down. All day, art has been on my mind. This need to create and develop. Break down and make. I feel myself changing. Maybe not even really changing, but developing into who I really am. The me I've always been meant to be. Through art, I can do anything, I can be anything. Above all, I can be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment