Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"That'll Be Two Pennies"

Change is tough. I'm saying this from experience. I like change. I like new things. But I also don't like the possibility of losing something. It scares me to think I'm going to have to leave something behind, let something(or even someone go). Yet, I do still welcome it. I think the closer I get to finally figuring everything out, the further I begin to pull from others. I've known since I began moving around that I would always be the type to move(at least until I found the perfect place). I've also always known that the only place I feel I can call home, isn't where I am now. That is another change to come. Figuring out where I'm going from here. There is a quote that I read once, I don't remember it perfectly but I felt it hit home.
"Change is easy. It's what you leave behind that's hard."
And it is so true. I am not the type of person that handles losing others well. I never have and I never will. So yes, all those that used to be in my life and aren't anymore, I miss you. Terribly so. I know that many times it was because of change on my part. Just the flow of life that led to this divide. But, I don't want you, or anyone, to ever think that I forget. Because I don't.
It's just the fact that change is so difficult. And maybe I accept change so openly that it shuts me off to the past some..

No comments:

Post a Comment