Friday, March 19, 2010

I Gotta Admit...

I thought this week was going to be one of the worst of my life. I mean, I seriously thought I was losing two people that meant so much to me. And I've lost people before and just one at a time was terrible enough(still not truly over them). But I knew this time would have been worse. Wayyyy worse. But...something happened. Something to reinforce my "Everything Happens For A Reason" philosophy. Sure, something bad happened. Things that made me cry many many hours. But, as I always know, things will get better. I've referred to life as a roller coaster so many times. And it still stands true. I discovered the other day that I do tend to go through the same things just with different people. And it usually works out one way or another. And I realized that that was how this was going to go. I knew it would just take time to heal. Sure, I am not a patient person but I'm also the type who can't completely lose hope. I always hold on for that one tiny piece...and well even when I thought I should just give up on something, I didn't and I'm glad I didn't.
The fact that I thought this week was going to be one of the worst did not come true. Sure, I had some seriously down moments(especially early in the week) but...I came out of that dark tunnel. And today,(I must use a metaphor simply because I love them) I realized that I still had people backing me up. It truly is amazing just how much friends(of all kinds) can help you to feel better. Sure they did they're little "I'm sorry..." speeches. But the part that helped me the most was the laughter. The everything that just makes a day good. They got my mind off of everything bad and I don't even think they realized that's what they did. And that's what I needed. Sometimes, yes I do need a shoulder or an ear to listen, but most of the time I get through it myself. And what I've learned that I truly need, is just a friend to laugh with. Someone to just...be happy with, even if it is unintentional.
So, now it's Friday. And it's been a long week. A hell of a week. I've been tired, sad, and just simply not really into doing much work for classes. That's the down part. But it is Friday. I have the rest of my life ahead of me. And I have three people back in my life that I couldn't stand to lose. I gotta admit...I thought this was going to be one of the worst weeks of my life...and instead...it's been a pretty damn good week despite it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment