Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rant Session

I just read that a young girl committed suicide because of cyber bullies. Now yesterday I happened to catch some news and all I heard was about these boys beating up girls. All I can think is that this generation really is getting flushed down the toilet. I mean, I'm all for being optimistic and saying we could possibly pull one of the greatest presidents out of this messy array of people. But the other side of the coin is simply the fact that life in America is going downhill. We don't want to accept it(those of us that belong to this generation) because we don't want it to be true. And those from older generations are always pointing it out. Now, I do know someone that has been a great influence on me that always believed in this generation more than anyone I knew even in this generation. That gives me hope. So don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're 100% doomed to fail and the world is going to fall apart and everyone is going to abandon America and it'll be the new Atlantis but one that no one even wants to try to find...(see, rant session). Anywho...America(and I'm just using us as an example because I know other countries are suffering too) needs help. In countless ways. I mean seriously! Everyone says we're the greatest country ever. Everyone's dying to get here. But, what's going to become of this country if things keep going down the path they are? People are getting more and more creative in their violent ways. (Now, I know I need to do some hardcore researching before I go making my opinions sound like facts so just take it as my observational point of view.) Yes, more violence is being portrayed in entertainment but don't begin to blame movies or video games. After all, who makes them? Huh? They didn't just appear out of dirt! Someone made them. As in a human being. As in now... we have to look at the true cause for why the "great life" is circling the toilet bowl. People are letting it get this bad then turning their heads, saying shame on the "entertainment industry" or whoever the hell they're deciding to blame for it and not doing a single thing about it! They say it's all hopeless. That our generation is just crap and we've ruined it all. Nothing happens over night. We've had serious looming problems for years and years and no one  seems to want to do a damn thing about it. Sure, it's hard. And I don't think just one person can fix it. In fact, I'm afraid we're so screwed that there is no fixing it. But seriously, there has got to be a way lessen the damage. Or what are our kids going to be born into? I'm not even completely sure what I'm ranting about. I just know I'm fed up. I'm fed up with the way people act. They way they think. Or lack of thinking. Now there is another topic. And I think that has a lot to do with it. Americans pride themselves on being the best and most "open" country. Where has that gotten us? And are we truly that great? I mean what is freedom really about? Looking at the person beside you and thinking, "What a waste of space"? I see discrimination and close-mindedness everywhere I look. That is causing such a problem. People turn the other cheek when they see something they don't like and bad mouth it. What is bad mouthing someone going to get you? Obviously not a whole hell of a lot if you look around. People are falling apart and they're dragging the other good-natured humans along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment